Below is the 2021 PMC Kids Rides registration agreement that all participants are required to agree to in order to participate in any PMC Kids Ride.
This Agreement includes a release of liability and waiver of legal rights, including a waiver of the right to sue certain parties. Do not agree to the terms of this Agreement unless you have read and understood it in its entirety. By agreeing electronically, you acknowledge that you have both read and understood the terms presented to you as part of the Kids Ride registration process. When you click on the AGREE & CONTINUE button below, it is just as if you had signed this Agreement with a pen.
You also understand and agree that participation in events like the PMC Kids Ride involves certain inherent dangers and risks which may or may not be readily foreseeable, including, without limitation, personal (including permanent) injury, property damage or loss, or death. Your ability to participate in the event is subject to your agreement to the release of liability and waiver provisions contained in this Agreement. By clicking on the AGREE & CONTINUE button, you accept and agree to the terms of this Agreement, including the release of liability and waiver of legal rights provisions.
I wish to register the child identified below (referred to as the "child") and (if applicable) myself to participate in the General PMC Kids Rides 2021 Kids Ride (the "Event") sponsored by Pan-Massachusetts Challenge, Inc. ("PMC") to raise funds for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute ("DFCI"). On behalf of myself and the child:
1. Legal Authority. I hereby represent and warrant that I am the parent or legal guardian of the child and that I have the legal authority to complete and execute this Agreement on my and the child's behalf, and to make use of the credit or debit card to which registration fees will be charged. By proceeding with this registration, I agree that the terms of this Agreement will apply to me and the child, and to our heirs, personal representatives and assigns.
2. Provision and Use of Information. I hereby acknowledge that, in proceeding with this registration, I am providing certain information to PMC, its contractors and/or their employees and/or agents about myself and the child, including information that I may voluntarily provide to create a personal PMC Kids Ride web page for myself and/or the child to facilitate fundraising. I agree and consent to the collection and use of this information about myself and the child for purposes of registration and fundraising for the Event, and I acknowledge that any information I provide to establish a personal web page on the PMC Kids Ride website for myself and/or the child is provided entirely voluntarily. I understand that PMC will take reasonable steps to protect any information that I may submit online or that PMC may collect during or in relation to the Event. I also understand, however, that PMC cannot guarantee the security of any information provided or collected.
3. Photographs/Videos. I understand that, during the course of or in connection with the Event, photographs/videos may be taken of me or the child, and that such photographs/videos may be posted on the PMC and/or the PMC Kids Ride, or the DFCI website(s) or otherwise utilized to publicize the Event or for fundraising purposes. I hereby consent to the taking of photographs/videos of myself and/or the child in connection with the Event, and to the publication of such photographs/videos on the PMC and/or PMC Kids Ride and/or DFCI websites, and/or in PMC, PMC Kids Ride and/or DFCI publications to publicize the Event and/or for fundraising purposes.
4. Covid-19 Related. On behalf of myself the child, I hereby further:
a. agree, represent, and warrant that I will not and my child will not participate, in person, in services or programs related to the PMC or visit the facilities associated with the PMC if I or the child (i) experience symptoms of COVID-19, including, without limitation, fever, cough, loss of sense of taste or smell, or shortness of breath, or (ii) have a suspected or diagnosed/confirmed case of COVID-19, or, (iii) within the preceding 14 days, (a) have been exposed to any person who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, (b) have returned from highly impacted areas subject to a Center for Disease Control (CDC) Level 3 Travel Health Notice, or (c) have been exposed to any person returning from areas subject to a CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice;
b. acknowledge that, although PMC has taken certain steps to reduce or mitigate the transmission of COVID-19 in connection with the operation of the PMC and related events, services and facilities, due to the nature of COVID-19 and the nature of the events, services and facilities: (i) transmission of the virus cannot be ruled out, (ii) social distancing of 6 feet per person among participants or others is not always possible, and (iii), despite PMC’s reasonable efforts to mitigate such dangers, PMC cannot guarantee that my or my child’s participation in the PMC and/or related events, services and facilities will not result in exposure to COVID-19, which could in turn result in quarantine requirements, serious illness, disability, and/or death.
5. Consent to Treatment. As parent or legal guardian of the child, I hereby give my consent to seek, obtain, and/or provide emergency medical treatment for the child in case of injury that occurs while participating in the Event. This care may be given under whatever conditions are necessary to preserve the life, limb, or well-being of the child. I understand that such treatment will be sought and provided only in an apparent emergency and that reasonable efforts will be made to contact me before providing such treatment.
6. Assumption of Risk/Release – Participation in the Event and Related Activities. I understand that, even with adherence to reasonable safety practices and policies, and the use of protective equipment, there exists a risk of injury to those who participate in a cycling event such as the Event, which may be held over public roads and facilities which are open to the public during the Event. I acknowledge that such injuries could be catastrophic, including death. I hereby assume responsibility for myself and the child during and in connection with the Event. I further agree to accompany the child to the Event, and to take responsibility for monitoring the child’s activities and interactions during the Event, and I understand that neither I, nor the child, should participate in the Event unless we are both physically and medically able to do so. I HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ACCEPT AND ASSUME THE RISK ASSOCIATED WITH THE CHILD'S (AND, IF APPLICABLE, MY) PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, AND, ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, THE CHILD, AND OUR HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND ASSIGNS, I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS PMC, DFCI, THEIR CONTRACTORS AND AGENTS, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICIALS, VOLUNTEERS, OTHER PARTICIPANTS, SPONSORING INDIVIDUALS AND ENTITIES, ADVERTISERS, AND, IF APPLICABLE, OWNERS AND LESSORS OF PREMISES OR ITEMS USED TO CONDUCT THE EVENT ("RELEASEES"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, OR DEATH, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSON, PROPERTY OR REPUTATION RESULTING FROM MY OR THE CHILD'S ASSOCIATION WITH OR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT AND RELATED ACTIVITIES, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, OR WHETHER RELATED TO COVID-19 OR OTHERWISE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WHETHER OR NOT COVERED BY MY OR THE CHILD’S PERSONAL HEALTH OR OTHER TYPE OF INSURANCE.
7. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties – Website(s), Information, Related Services. RELEASEES MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE PMC OR PMC KIDS RIDE OR DFCI WEBSITES OR RELATED SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR ERROR FREE, AND RELEASEES DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION IN, OR PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH, THOSE SITES. RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OR ALTERATION OF MY OR THE CHILD'S TRANSMISSIONS TO PMC OR DATA COLLECTED BY PMC OR ANY RELEASEE IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT, INCLUDING FOR FUNDRAISING PURPOSES, AND I HEREBY EXPRESSLY AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SUCH TRANSMISSIONS AND USES OF DATA ARE AT MY AND THE CHILD'S SOLE RISK. RELEASEES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO THE WEBSITES OR RELATED SERVICES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
I HEREBY AFFIRM THAT I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY, AND THAT I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS.
I FURTHER AFFIRM MY UNDERSTANDING THAT, BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR RECOVER DAMAGES IN CASE OF INJURY, DEATH, ILLNESS OR PROPERTY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING, FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, IN CASE OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 DURING PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT AND/OR RELATED EVENTS AND IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE FACILITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE EVENT AND/OR RELATED EVENTS.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DOCUMENT IS A PROMISE NOT TO SUE AND A RELEASE OF AND INDEMNIFICATION FOR ALL CLAIMS. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT (INCLUDING THE ASSUMPTION OF RISK/RELEASE OF LIABILITY) FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND THAT I INTEND BY MY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THE AGREEMENT, AND TO BIND THE CHILD, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
I understand that the Registration fee does not count towards my child's fundraising minimum ($40.00 per registered child). If my child does not meet the fundraising minimum, I agree that my credit card will be charged on the fundraising deadline (October 31), up to $40.00 per child.
We know that normal fundraising techniques will be hard this year. Here are some creative ideas to make fundraising "fun"raising!
Read about more ways to give here.
Each PMC Kids Ride participant has his or her own online fundraising page. PMC Kids Ride registration is completed as a family and the adult completing registration will have the option to set up a family fundraising page (ideal for families with more than one child participating in a PMC Kids Ride) in addition to each rider's fundraising page.
Families are encouraged to share these links by email and on social media to solicit donations for the PMC Kids Ride.
Checks can be made payable to the Pan-Mass Challenge or PMC. Please send all checks to:
PMC Kids Rides
77 4th Ave
Needham, MA 02494
Make sure that the rider's name is listed so they can receive